Rocky Mountain Rustic Lodge & Destination Retreat Venue
A rustic lodge located in the Rocky Mountains, directly across from Longs Peak (one of Colorado's 14ers!) and 15 minutes from the front gate of the Rocky Mountain National Park and steps away from SUPERB hiking!! Book your rustic adventure now! Please note we are closed this winter season for renovations opening in April of 2024.
Thank You for Considering Us
Things to Know
Thank you for considering us for your mountain get-away!
We will be closed from November of 2023 until April of 2024 for renovations. We will be checking phones and messages intermitently and appreciate your patience while we respond to you. For most immediate assistance and response, email email@example.com.
- You will most likely see wildlife such as Elk, Deer, Moose, Bobcat, Wolf and Bear as they roam the property freely; therefore, we do not allow animals or pets of any kind.
- The true beauty of our property is that you do not need to leave to commune with nature, hike, bike or simply decompress from the everyday responsibilities.
- We are Where East Meets West. In 1948 this property began as Aspen Lodge, a “Dude Ranch” and the original barn, paddocks and some of the trails still remain, so there is some of the charming western décor. After the mudslide in 2013, the opportunity presented itself to revamp to our Asian influenced Wellness Retreat Center, Dao House.
- The nearest restaurants and retail stores are located approximately 15 to 20 minutes in either direction in Estes Park or Allenspark. We try to keep a few necessities around; in case you forget something important.
- Hot Tea is available in the Lobby 24 hours a day and we have fresh brewed coffee in the mornings from 8:30am - 10:30am.
- The temperature can swing more than 20 degrees a day. The sun can be quite warm, and at night it can be chilly. It rarely gets above the mid 70’s during the hottest part of the day during the peak of summer, and the nights are always cool enough to sleep comfortably. None of our rooms or cabins feature Air Conditioning. If you find your accommodations are stuffy, let us know. We will be happy to help you with the windows and fans.
- Our mountain setting with stunning scenery puts as at the mercy of one internet provider and an area lacking in cellular service. Our land lines are available for you to use for phone calls. We have free Wi-Fi available to all of our guests with no password needed. We have decided to not have televisions in our rooms as we have found that they interfere with the Wi-Fi service and our guests enjoy the chance to commune with nature.
- The driveway leading up to the main lodge, parking areas and paths around property are gravel and dirt, so during inclement weather we suggest AWD or 4WD as a safety precaution. During the height of season in the pristine summer months any vehicle can access our property. Parking is free, yet unassigned, so we do ask that you are conscious of not blocking in driveways, thoroughfares or other guests. Please note that there are no motor vehicles allowed on our back property trails. These trails are for our horses, hikers, mountain bikers, cross-country skiers, snowshoers and Dao House Vehicles only.
- We have delicious Mountain spring water flowing from our taps so don’t hesitate to fill up your water bottles as it is perfectly drinkable and hydration at this elevation is key to your health and enjoyment.
- Our radiant heat typically keeps up with the mountain wind, however; if you find your accommodations are chilly, let us know and we will bring you a heater or an extra blanket. There are extra blankets in the closets of all our accomodations.
- We have a small but personable staff committed to making your stay as enjoyable as possible. It is our pleasure to help with any reasonable request. We enjoy meeting our guests and sharing with them our beautiful views and unique experience.
We have a hotline open from 11 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at 970-586-4094 to answer questions on reservations.
If you are a retreat leader or are planning a retreat, please email Sam at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in a Wedding, Family Reunion, Corporate or Social Events! Contact Tia at 970-577-3411